IRS Tax Debt | Arcola
Learn Your Options | Free Consultation | Positive Results
Looking for IRS Representation?
Only certain licensed professionals can represent you before the IRS. Only qualified Licensed Tax Professionals are permitted to appear before the IRS on your behalf. Licensed Tax Professionals include Attorneys, Enrolled Agents and CPAs, all of which we have here at ETR. These professionals have representation rights at the IRS. This means they can represent clients for any tax related matter including resolution, collection issues, audits and appeals.
When choosing a tax resolution company, it is important to make sure the company has attorneys and other licensed tax professionals on staff. In order to earn their credentials, the licensed tax professionals have demonstrated that they have the education, skill and experience necessary to handle all your tax debt issues. The credentials and training vary by profession:
- Attorneys – Tax attorneys are attorneys that specialize in tax law and tax defense. Attorneys have law degrees and must pass their state bar exam in order to practice. Other obligations vary by state, but many states have continuing education and ethics requirements. Attorneys are authorized by the IRS to represent taxpayers in every state.
- Enrolled Agents – Enrolled Agents are federally licensed tax practitioners that specialize in federal tax preparation and representation. Enrolled agents must pass a comprehensive IRS exam that covers all aspects of the tax code. They are also subject to a rigorous background check and must abide by specific ethics regulations.
- Certified Public Accountants – CPAs are licensed by state boards of accountancy. In order to become a CPA they must first meet specific education and experience requirements as well as pass the CPA exam. Ethics requirements vary state by state, but most states require some form of ethics training. Finally, CPAs are required to take continuing education to renew their license.
We Want to Help You
We specialize in tax resolution cases. We can help you with:
We strive to set the highest possible industry standard with each case we work:
- Provide the best representation for your tax matter.
- Work cooperatively with the IRS while advocating for you and pressing your position.
- Where possible, negotiate the very best deal we can obtain for your case.
- Keep you apprised of the status of your case as appropriate.
- Follow through to ensure that the best resolution option is processed appropriately.
Let us earn your business. Call today. We can be reached at 713-909-4906.