Paying Your Tax Debt Over Time
The IRS will usually allow you to pay tax debts in monthly payments over time.
Here is what you need to know about IRS payment plans:
- The payment agreement will allow you to pay your tax balance(s) back over time, keeping your standards of living as unchanged as possible.
- So long as you remain current on your payment plan and do not incur additional tax balances in the future, you will not have to worry about any future IRS levies on your property, accounts, or wages.
- The IRS generally has 10 years to collect an unpaid tax debt. Once this period expires, the debt is erased by the lapse of time. The monthly payment does not always have to be enough to fully pay the tax debt before it expires.
- The IRS uses complicated formulas for determining how much your monthly payment will be
Here is how we can help:
- We can help you determine whether you qualify for an installment agreement and the amount the IRS would be likely to accept.
- We can help assemble the paperwork and submit it to the IRS on your behalf and negotiate the amount of the agreement with the IRS for you.
The Cost: Our average cost ranges from $500 to $2,000. It is usually $750 for most clients. We let our clients pay this in monthly installments over a six month period. We will include a quote specific to your circumstances in an email to you.
Please note that if we do the analysis and determine that you do not qualify for an installment agreement or you do not want to proceed with the installment agreement after we get started, our fee is only $500. This fee just helps offset our costs–we do not make money on it.
We accept credit card payments.
What We Need: I will email you a contract and clear instructions as to what we need to help with this. The tax attorney who will be working your case will be listed in the email and they can answer any questions you may have.